| The article is a Stub!|
Yuuko is yelling because this article is not complete
Please expand the article as well as you can!
|Cover of Volume 2|
|Publicaton date||October 26, 2007|
|Parts||19 – 34.5|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
Nichijou (2) is the second volume of the Nichijou manga.
Nano Shinonome leaves to go to school. While stretching outside, her hand flies off. Nano can be seen running after it in the first panel after the list of contents. Her flying hand is seen in the first panel of the second page of No. 21.
Nichijou no 19
See also: Nichijou Episode 8#Part 31
- こんな天気のいい日は テンキーでも買っちゃおうっかなあ Man, on a day with such nice weather I just feel like buying a TEN KEY.
- あまりの猛暑に だつもうしょう! Too much heat  can cause baldness!
- Hey, hey, do you know what the guy attacked by centipedes said? ムカデがムカッデくる! Centipedes are coming towards me.
- 地理の予習は バっちり! I'm completely prepared for geography.
- 防空壕で 僕? GO! Should I go to a bomb shelter?
- 谷が喜んだ!! やったに!! The valley is happy! Hooray!
- 私マスカラ 付けてマスカラ!! I've put on maskara!
The closure for manga differs from the anime. The manga shows Yuuko being absent, while Mio's head and Mai's elbow are visible. In the anime, all 3 don't attend class - they are shown on board of a train. The anime shows more camaraderie, yet caused a bit of confusion; where are they going during school hours?
Nichijou no 20
See also: Nichijou Episode 1#Part 4
A flashback: Nano narrates that she is a robot, created by Hakase she lives with, and has no special features. She bumps her toe, and notes that she can feel pain. Nano asks about her key; Hakase reveals that if she turns it to the right, Nano's big toe flies off. Nano begs for her key to be removed, but Hakase refuses on the grounds that it's cute. Hakase makes it up to her by telling her she can now go to school (albeit with the ulterior motive of being able to snack all she wants without being scolded), and gives her the name "Nano," as she'd had no name before.
Nichijou no 21
See also: Nichijou Episode 8#Part 32
Nano's flying hand inspires Sasahara to write a haiku. Misato then blasts Sasahara and yells at him for dropping trash (his handkerchief). Sasahara then wonders how she knew it was his, as their houses are in completely opposite directions. Weboshi and Fecchan are watching the whole thing and get more and more excited as it becomes obvious that Misato is tsundere for Sasahara. The handkerchief is destroyed by the end.
Nichijou no 22
See also: Nichijou Episode 14#Part 56
Another flashback, a continuation of No. 20: Nano is preparing for her first day of school. Hakase begins to have second thoughts, but Nano convinces her to let her go by promising she'll bring home snacks. Nano then introduces herself to the class, but is unable to explain her key.
Nichijou no 23
See also: Nichijou Episode 5#Part 22
Yuuko approaches Sakurai-sensei after class. Rather than asking for advice (she got 30/100 in English) she questions about the quality of Sakurai's drawing used to illustrate English words. She later volunteer to draw for sensei. She also asks Mio to join but Mio (initially) refuses.
Upon hearing Yuuko's remark: "Alright, then, I'll draw a really cool guy!". Mio can't resist to showcase her idea of cool guy.
Both take turn to draw, capped with Mio's yaoi drawing. This impresses Yuuko so much that she addresses Mio as sensei.
Sakurai sensei uses Mio's latest drawing for her quiz.
In the anime, there is a short session showing Sakurai-sensei marking answer for this drawing. Answers include: king, boy, etc. Only one (the latest sheet) revealed to be the correct answer.
Nichijou no 24
See also: Nichijou Episode 9#Part 38
Hakase gets a winning popsicle stick. At dinner, Nano finds that Hakase has eaten all the food in the pantry. When Nano threatens to drink Hakase's strawberry juice, Hakase promises to take out Nano's key. Hakase tricks Nano and takes the juice when she isn't looking. When Nano chases after Hakase, she slips, and discovers that her right hand now has a gun.
Nichijou no 25
See also: Nichijou Episode 8#Part 33
Yuuko, Mio and Mai are trapped in an elevator.
Nichijou no 26
See also: Nichijou Episode 6#Part 25
Nano has trapped a cockroach under a bowl, but now has no idea how to get rid of it.
Nichijou no 27
See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Part 16
Mai pulls a variety of stunts to distract Yuuko from finishing her midterms.
Nichijou no 28
See also: Nichijou Episode 17#Part 71
Yuuko vows to not make any of the jokes Mai is always setting up for her. It eventually proves too much, and when Yuuko makes a joke, she realizes it's the best feeling in the world.
Nichijou no 29
See also: Nichijou Episode 3#Part 12
Hakase brings home a cat. She names it Sakamoto and creates a scarf that lets it talk.
Nichijou no 30
See also: Nichijou Episode 5#Part 19
Tsuyoshi Nakanojou goes to a medium in order to disprove them, but fails.
Nichijou no 31
See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Part 17
Sakamoto struggles to get Hakase to show him respect. He also struggles to fight his cat urges to play with things, which would sabotage his goal.
Nichijou no 32
See also: Nichijou Episode 9#Part 37
Yuuko deals with a scourge of mosquitos.
Nichijou no 33
See also: Nichijou Episode 13#Part 53
Despite being very sick, Yuuko comes to school to perform magic tricks for Mio. It does not go well.
Nichijou no 34
See also: Nichijou Episode 7#Part 27
An evil man named Dolph kidnaps the King Albert and pursues his daughter, seeking two wooden cubes that will allow him to take over the kingdom. However, he randomly dies after tripping over, allowing the princess to regain control of his minions. One of the minions finds both the cubes, but accidentally knocks them out the blimp window. It is then revealed this has all been a dream by Yuuko detailing the origins of Mio's hair clip cube thingies.
Nichijou no 34.5
No. 34 continued: Yuuko tries to explain why she yelled out in class. After she is told to stand out in the hall, Buddy walks into class to comfort Yuuko.
- Igo Soccer Club: Kenzaburou Daiku plays Red Light, Green Light, but turns to find that everyone but Yuria Sekiguchi has gone home.
- Student Guidance: Izumi Sakurai tells Tsuyoshi his mohawk is an inappropriate hairstyle for school. Tsuyoshi replies that his hair won't grow from the side.
- Buddy: Yuuko forgets her homework again and is made to stand in the hall. We then see a boy chasing after Buddy, who is on his way to comfort Yuuko.
- Igo Soccer Club (2): Kenzaburou plays Red Light, Green Light again. Yuria asks him to just stop it already.
- Hallway: Yuuko is standing in the hallway when a parakeet lands on the sill of the open window and says that it is getting quite used to its new body.
- Sasahara: Sasahara sneezes, and then uses one of his frilly things as a tissue.
- Igo Soccer Club (3): Kenzaburou complains that everyone is gone because they are studying. When he asks Yuria why she isn't at the cram school as well, she blushes, revealing her affections. It takes Kenzaburou a while to realize it.
Nichijou Prototype 1
See also: Nichijou Episode 2#Part 5
Nichijou Prototype 2
See also: Nichijou Episode 9#Part 35
- Yuuko's barrage of puns are showcased in her character image song.
- The check-marks in Chapter 23 may be confusing. Usually check represents correct answer while cross represents wrong one. In Japan however, check represents wrong answer while circle represents correct one.
- Igo Soccer Club: See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Igo Soccer Club Part 1
- Student Guidance: See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Student Adviser
- Buddy: See also: Nichijou Episode 14#Shoe
- Igo Soccer Club (2): See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Igo Soccer Club Part 2
- Hallway: See also: Nichijou Episode 4#Parakeet
- Sasahara: See also: Nichijou Episode 5#Sneeze
- Igo Soccer Club (3): See also: Nichijou Episode 6#Igo Soccer Club Part 3
- ↑ Weather = TENKI
- ↑ TENKEY = Keypad - PC keyboard has separate section resembling calculator
- ↑ Heat = MOUSHO
- ↑ Baldness = datsuMOUSHO
- ↑ Centipedes = MUKADE
- ↑ Coming towards = MUKADdEkuru
- ↑ Completely = pacCHIRI
- ↑ Geography = CHIRI
- ↑ I go = BOKU GO
- ↑ Bomb Shelter = BOuKUuGOu
- ↑ The valley = TANI
- ↑ Hooray = yatTANI
- ↑ I've put on = tsuketeMASUKARA
- ↑ Maskara = MASUKARA
- ↑ It's common for japanese to address mangaka with honorific sensei